What If It’s My Last Day?
With every birthday comes a time to reflect on life…and death. It’s not a morbid subject but a gift that can be leveraged to help you live life to it’s fullest potential. What if today was your last day to make an impression upon the world? How would you spend it and what would you do with your day?
I thought deeply about this, this morning, and came up with a few things. The first thought I had was gratitude for the realization that I am 52 today, not 53. I just got a year back in my head!
I devised a list of things that I will be practicing more consciously on a daily basis:
- Express my gratitude to anyone who gives me great service – it may be the only compliment they ever receive.
- Tell the unassuming woman wearing the summer dress that she’s beautiful – we must do a better job of building one another up.
- Smile kindly as I go about my day – my smile may make the difference between life and death for someone…you never know.
- Remind a child of their gifts and talents and encourage them to be fearless in their expression of such gifts – what if I just encouraged the next Mozart?
- Be a source of encouragement and strength to those around me by living my best life – maybe they will choose “up their game” and the ripple of mentoring continues on to others.
- Spread more love on the world by being kind in thought, words and deeds – you never know all the battles that another human being is facing. So assume they have their own battles and be kinder, gentler and don’t take their struggles personal.
Am I a Pollyanna? Absolutely not…I see the ugliness in the world. I Am choosing to LIVE like it’s my last day ♥